Friday, February 27, 2009

Mini-vacation

Mom and dad bought me a plane ticket for my birthday. I woke up at 4:20 a.m. on Thursday so I could be at the Dayton Airport by 6:00. My flight from Dayton to Atlanta left at 7:00. I don't remember my last ride on an airplane being quite so "bumpy". I guess it was just a windy day up high because we hit a couple of spots where I was grabbing the armrest.
The temperature in Dayton when we arrived at the airport was probably in the mid 40s. By the time my plane landed in West Palm Beach, FL at noon it was a beautiful 75 deg. Ally and her friends picked me up at the airport about 1:30. We hit up Chick Fil A and then headed back to Hobe Sound. We took a walk around campus and ate supper in the cafeteria. We stopped by to look at the van that Ally and her friends had a wreck in. It was pretty banged up.
Ally had a class in the evening so I took a nap while Fred, the fish, swam wildly in his tank.When she got back we stopped by the beach real quick and then went to a local grocery store to pick up some snacks. Two of Ally's girlfriends joined us in her room last night and those snacks came in handy (Mom, both boxes of those cookies you sent are ALMOST gone!)
I slept until about 8:30 while Ally was in class this morning. Then I joined her for chapel at 9:30. After chapel, I smiled the whole way back to the dorm. The weather is JUST wonderful this morning! Beautiful blue sky, warm sun and beautiful breeze through the palm trees just does something to your mood. More later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like sooo much fun. Have a great time.

LJL said...

Pretty good-sized animal that died in Ally's aquarium. Big ole skeleton.

Regi said...

i thot the same thing dad!! What is that thing?? I thought her room was in OSU and there would be a giant buckeye in the tank!