Sunday, September 21, 2008

Horsepower

This past weekend was full of "horsepower" First, dad and mom and I went to Eldora Speedway to watch the World of Outlaws. It is the winged sprint cars which are my favorite. Kasey Kahne owns one so of course I was rooting for his #9 car. It won too! A scary wreck happened right in front of us with a wrecked car getting broadsided. One guy walked away while another had to be cut out of his car. He got away with a compound fracture on one of his arms. It looked pretty bad when it happened.
On Saturday, we went trail riding at Sycamore State Park. We rode a 7 mile trail and then came back to camp where dad grilled hot dogs. It was great weather for a ride. I didn't bring my camera on the trail but got some pics of the camp site

2 comments:

Regi said...

as we can see, Dudley decided to go along!!!

LJL said...

Sprint cars weigh about 1200 lbs and get around the track with 800 horsepower! They are lightning quick.
The horse I rode did not have a soft seat. After 2 hours, it was time to get off and grill weinies!